Julia von Eichel‘s work is concerned with the tension between chaos and control. Her process is highly focused from initial creation to the final piece. Furthermore, the juxtaposition of precision and serendipitous expression is constantly at play.
Her sculptures and drawings are notably meticulous. Upon closer examination, the pieces are closely and obsessively structured networks. Ultimately, she seeks to create a complex interplay between the natural world and the world of the artist’s hand.
Von Eichel was born in St. Gallen, Switzerland. Currently, she is based in Brooklyn. Her work has been exhibited in galleries and museums across the United States. Also, her work is held in public and private collections worldwide.Download Full Bio
- Sutures Wall Street International
- Julia von Eichel – Portraits of Emotional States Art Spiel
- INSIDE THE WASP’S NEST – THE WORK OF JULIA VON EICHEL Art Savvy
- Julia von Eichel Artillery Magazine
- Delight in the Detail Daily News Tribune
- An Artist's Brownstone Made for Work and Play NY Mag - The Cut
- Julia von Eichel, Stephen Westfall and June Leaf in this week's Fine Art Wall Street Journal (download)