Annie Morris creates fantastical and intricate drawings and paintings. Also, she is known for her monumental stack sculptures. The colorful balls of the vertical sculptures are shaped out of plaster and sand or bronze. Playfully, her works are neither fully figurative nor abstract.
Morris is based in London. In 2002, she received her degree from École des Beaux-Arts Paris. Since then, she has received international acclaim for her considered approach to drawing, sculpture and painting. Selected exhibitions include those at The Royal Academy, London; Baku MoMA, Azerbaijan; The New Art Gallery, Walsall; and Tate Gallery, St Ives.
Download Full Bio
- Private Lives Vanity Fair
- Alex Eagle Opens a Lifestyle Boutique in London Wall Street Journal
- Stacks of Joy, Scratches of Color and Semiabstract Fences Wall Street Journal (download)
- Satellite fairs in Miami: what to see around the city The Financial Times (download)
- Idris Khan and Annie Morris talk about love, art, and coping with grief Vogue India